…In America, libertarian ideas are attractive to mostly young, white men with high ideals and no life experience that live off of the previous generation’s investments and sacrifice. I know this because as a young, white idiot, I subscribed to this system of discredited ideas: Selfishness is good, government is bad. Take what you want, when you want and however you can. Poor people deserve what they get, and the smartest, hardworking people always win. So get yours before someone else does. I read the books by Charles Murray and have an autographed copy of Ron Paul’s “The Revolution.” The thread that links all the disparate books and ideas is that they fail in practice. Eliminate all taxes, privatize everything, load a country up with guns and oppose all public expenditures, you end up with Honduras.
In Honduras, the police ride around in pickup trucks with machine guns, but they aren’t there to protect most people. They are scary to locals and travelers alike. For individual protection there’s an army of private, armed security guards who are found in front of not only banks, but also restaurants, ATM machines, grocery stores and at any building that holds anything of value whatsoever. Some guards have uniforms and long guns but just as many are dressed in street clothes with cheap pistols thrust into waistbands. The country has a handful of really rich people, a small group of middle-class, some security guards who seem to be getting by and a massive group of people who are starving to death and living in slums. You can see the evidence of previous decades of infrastructure investment in roads and bridges, but it’s all in slow-motion decay…..
…..Everyone believes in freedom, but it’s an idea both fetishized and unrecognizable when spouted by libertarians. There can be no such thing as freedom, safety or progress of any kind, when an entire society is run for the benefit of a handful of rich assholes and global conglomerates. If you think I’m overstating it, just go to Honduras and see it for yourself.
- Trump Will Not Back Down From Trade War, Says Kingston’s Keen
- Steve Keen Varoufakise raamatust
- Ashoka Mody – German social democrats have alienated their base and fractured Europe
- (pealkiri puudub)
- Termin “Modern Monetary Theory” ilmub esmakordselt Maailmapanga veebileheküljel
- Sacrificing at the Altar of the Euro
- Saksamaa SKP per capita versus Itaalia SKP per capita
- Kaasaegne tööjaotus
- Keskpankade rahatrükk ja inflatsioon
- Most People are Monetary Ptolemaicans – Warren Mosler & Professor Steve Keen – 6 May 2018
- Saksamaa ei taha midagi teada Macroni euro reformimisest
- Arenevad majandused MMT vaatevinklist
- Stephanie Kelton Has The Biggest Idea In Washington
- Itaaliast häid uudiseid, bot bot bot minibot
- Itaalias paistab hullus maad võtvat, mama mia!
- Tööprogrammist ja MMT-st
- Italy, A Parallel Currency, And Immigration – Merkel’s Worst Nightmare
- Does the rising deficit matter?
- JOB GUARANTEE
- Sotsiaaldemokraadid Saksamaal
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 204,314 korda