The euro has been moving higher vs the dollar, as CB selling winds down as they reach the lower limits of their reserve targets along with fundamental support from a large and growing EU current account surplus that’s drained those euro sold by those CB’s and other sellers from global markets. This may have left the short sellers and others needing to recover euro allocations subject to a dramatic short squeeze for as long as the current account surplus continues. And this poses an extreme risk to the EU. Growth forecasts have been largely based on ‘weak euro’ and as it moves higher that growth never materializes, and instead the economy deteriorates/unemployment goes higher, etc. etc. and, making matters worse, the ECB is left ideologically bankrupt, having seen negative rates and QE do nothing more than exacerbate the deflation they were trying to reverse. All they can do is try more of the same, which will be a very depressing environment for those who have been suffering under the failed policies. All of which has the potential to accelerate the already growing support for the various anti euro forces.
- Eeapooletu ajakirjandus
- Modern Money and the Obsession Over Fiscal Consolidation
- Roy Jenkins and Tony Benn debate : The European Communities membership referendum, 1975 – Panorama
- Drain Le Swamp
- Put your pussy hats on
- Brexit: the end of an error
- Joan Muysken Lecture: “The Eurozone, Groupthink and denial on a grand scale”
- On ikka kuradi fašistid
- How many poor?
- Ajastule sobivat muusikat
- Public Debt In The Eurozone: A Political Problem
- Šoti vasakpoolsed natsionalistid tahavad Šotimaast kreekasarnast EL-i kolooniat teha
- Trump Saltmining Inc.
- Poland warns of disunity across the EU after Donald Tusk re-elected European Council president
- Trump on keeldunud Reagani majanduspoliitikast
- Head rahvusvahelist naistepäeva
- Kohutav, Taani kannatab täistööhõive ja tõusvate palkade käes
- Euro saatus otsustatakse tõenäoliselt Itaalias
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 197,885 korda