Despite what you might read in the news today, the European debt crisis is not the sole fault of Greece. It owes much more to the creation of the euro, a woefully constructed currency that now binds together 19 countries in a tightly woven monetary strait jacket. As a result, when one country teeters on the brink of financial collapse, the entire continent is at risk…..
…..Even as Greece totters, Spain dithers, Britain demands a referendum on EU membership, and financial pressures continue to build across the continent, the European project gathers pace. The economies must be knitted even closer together, insist Emmanuel Macron, France’s Minister of the Economy, and Sigmar Gabriel, the German Vice-Chancellor, — all in the name of improving “the economic potential of EMU” and allowing “us to establish clearly which policies should be centralized, harmonized or simply coordinated.” What a perfect three-word summation of Brussels’ raison d’être: to harmonize, coordinate and centralize – above all, of course, centralize!…..
….As European Commission President Jean Claude Juncker admitted in a rare fit of honesty:
“We (the Commission) decide on something, leave it lying around and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don’t understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back.”
- Modern Money and the Obsession Over Fiscal Consolidation
- Roy Jenkins and Tony Benn debate : The European Communities membership referendum, 1975 – Panorama
- Drain Le Swamp
- Put your pussy hats on
- Brexit: the end of an error
- Joan Muysken Lecture: “The Eurozone, Groupthink and denial on a grand scale”
- On ikka kuradi fašistid
- How many poor?
- Ajastule sobivat muusikat
- Public Debt In The Eurozone: A Political Problem
- Šoti vasakpoolsed natsionalistid tahavad Šotimaast kreekasarnast EL-i kolooniat teha
- Trump Saltmining Inc.
- Poland warns of disunity across the EU after Donald Tusk re-elected European Council president
- Trump on keeldunud Reagani majanduspoliitikast
- Head rahvusvahelist naistepäeva
- Kohutav, Taani kannatab täistööhõive ja tõusvate palkade käes
- Euro saatus otsustatakse tõenäoliselt Itaalias
- Vasakpoolsed julgevad ainult Merkeli selja taga rääkida
- The European Union Trembles
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 197,059 korda