…….The I.M.F. memo amounts to an admission that the eurozone cannot work in its current form. It lays out three options for achieving Greek debt sustainability, all of which are tantamount to a fiscal union, an arrangement through which wealthier countries would make payments to support the Greek economy. Not coincidentally, this is the solution many economists have been telling European officials is the only way to save the euro — and which northern European countries have been resisting because it is so costly.
The three options laid out by the I.M.F. would have different operations, but they share an important feature: They involve other European countries giving Greece money without expecting to get it back. These transfers would be additional to the approximately 86 billion euros in new loans contemplated in Monday’s deal…..
- Modern Monetary Theory
- Eurozone underperfomance
- (pealkiri puudub)
- Poverty among the unemployed now close to 50 per cent in the EU
- Trumpi kaubandussõda
- A Comfortable Betrayal
- Dumping U.S. debt, a possible weapon in global trade war
- The dangers of pluralism in economics: the case of MMT
- MMT economists look at debt, deficit differently
- Itaalia farss
- MMT meedias
- IMF: The Euro Area Needs a Fiscal Union
- Here is a new argument for the Remainers – should be a winner
- Thomas Fazi and William Mitchell – The EU cannot be democratised – here’s why
- Make America Great Again
- Libertarian Warren Mosler – Keep Deficit and Eliminate Taxes (MMT for Conservatives Part 3)
- Vasakpoolsed UBI toetajad on neoliberaalidega seljad kokku löönud
- Kas Krugman on chartalist?
- Ralph Nader lahtistest piiridest
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 202,480 korda