…….The I.M.F. memo amounts to an admission that the eurozone cannot work in its current form. It lays out three options for achieving Greek debt sustainability, all of which are tantamount to a fiscal union, an arrangement through which wealthier countries would make payments to support the Greek economy. Not coincidentally, this is the solution many economists have been telling European officials is the only way to save the euro — and which northern European countries have been resisting because it is so costly.
The three options laid out by the I.M.F. would have different operations, but they share an important feature: They involve other European countries giving Greece money without expecting to get it back. These transfers would be additional to the approximately 86 billion euros in new loans contemplated in Monday’s deal…..
- The European Union, the New European Soviet?
- Trump ja Bannon
- California põllumajandus ja minu muru
- Brexit Boost: Hiring and Salaries Rise as Supply of Cheap Foreign Workers Falls
- Global Inflation Hits Lowest Level Since 2009
- Modern Money and the Constitution by Professor Christine Desan
- Kiidan heaks Trumpi immigratsioonipoliitika
- Hello Angry Losers
- Professor William Mitchell – Thinking in a Modern Monetary Theory Way
- Bill Mitchell: modern monetary theory
- The Basics of Modern Money
- Sa ei saa oma raha kätte pangast. See kõik on sinu enda huvides
- Trump and the Trumpists
- Lexit: the EU is a neoliberal project, so let’s do something different when we leave it
- Wholesale EU immigration has destroyed conditions for British workers
- GEOPOLITICS: The Billionaire Who Foresaw President Donald Trump’s America in 2017
- Alt-right on postkeinsismi lembeline?
- Thank you Kemi Badenoch
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 198,750 korda