…….The I.M.F. memo amounts to an admission that the eurozone cannot work in its current form. It lays out three options for achieving Greek debt sustainability, all of which are tantamount to a fiscal union, an arrangement through which wealthier countries would make payments to support the Greek economy. Not coincidentally, this is the solution many economists have been telling European officials is the only way to save the euro — and which northern European countries have been resisting because it is so costly.
The three options laid out by the I.M.F. would have different operations, but they share an important feature: They involve other European countries giving Greece money without expecting to get it back. These transfers would be additional to the approximately 86 billion euros in new loans contemplated in Monday’s deal…..
- As Trump targets immigrants, U.S. farm sector looks to automate
- BREXIT VOTE ALREADY DELIVERING AS WAGES INCREASE
- (pealkiri puudub)
- Most Progressives are Neoliberals in Disguise Professor Bill Mitchell
- The Good Dream is Factual MMT Warren Mosler
- Sir Peter Tapsell; Abolish the Euro PMQs24/10/2012
- Actually the magic money tree does exist, according to modern monetary theory
- Trump’s top economist offers solution to unemployment: More government jobs
- EU ‘superstate’ fear as Brussels chief Juncker plots for Chancellor for the whole of Europe
- Politicians don’t know where money actually comes from, poll shows
- Rahakordaja elab
- MMT konverents 2017
- THE LEFT – Neutered By Neoliberalism
- Üks ÜRO dokument, millest sa peavoolu meedias ei kuule
- Austerlaste lollused
- The New York Times ja Stephanie Kelton
- Tavaline poliitiline tsirkus USAs
- Itaalia eksperiment
- Simon Wren-Lewis: Why is MMT so popular?
- Poola Solidaarsus protestib Junckeri vastu
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 200,419 korda