WARSAW — The Eurosceptic Law and Justice Party (PiS) has become the first party to win an outright majority in the Polish parliament since the fall of communism in 1989, official results showed on Tuesday.
Run by Jaroslaw Kaczynski, the twin brother of Poland’s late president Lech, the PiS secured 235 seats out of 460 in the lower chamber of parliament, the Sejm, allowing it to form a government without coalition partners.
The victory marks a decisive swing towards nationalism and distrust of the European Union in the country of 38 million, suggesting there will be tensions with Warsaw’s key allies in Brussels.
The socially conservative PiS has promised to increase state control of the economy, tax banks and stop privatisation.
It also wants to lower the retirement age and boost economic growth to 5 per cent through fiscal and monetary stimulus. It rejects adoption of the euro single currency any time soon……..
- Modern Monetary Theory
- Eurozone underperfomance
- (pealkiri puudub)
- Poverty among the unemployed now close to 50 per cent in the EU
- Trumpi kaubandussõda
- A Comfortable Betrayal
- Dumping U.S. debt, a possible weapon in global trade war
- The dangers of pluralism in economics: the case of MMT
- MMT economists look at debt, deficit differently
- Itaalia farss
- MMT meedias
- IMF: The Euro Area Needs a Fiscal Union
- Here is a new argument for the Remainers – should be a winner
- Thomas Fazi and William Mitchell – The EU cannot be democratised – here’s why
- Make America Great Again
- Libertarian Warren Mosler – Keep Deficit and Eliminate Taxes (MMT for Conservatives Part 3)
- Vasakpoolsed UBI toetajad on neoliberaalidega seljad kokku löönud
- Kas Krugman on chartalist?
- Ralph Nader lahtistest piiridest
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 202,447 korda