WARSAW — The Eurosceptic Law and Justice Party (PiS) has become the first party to win an outright majority in the Polish parliament since the fall of communism in 1989, official results showed on Tuesday.
Run by Jaroslaw Kaczynski, the twin brother of Poland’s late president Lech, the PiS secured 235 seats out of 460 in the lower chamber of parliament, the Sejm, allowing it to form a government without coalition partners.
The victory marks a decisive swing towards nationalism and distrust of the European Union in the country of 38 million, suggesting there will be tensions with Warsaw’s key allies in Brussels.
The socially conservative PiS has promised to increase state control of the economy, tax banks and stop privatisation.
It also wants to lower the retirement age and boost economic growth to 5 per cent through fiscal and monetary stimulus. It rejects adoption of the euro single currency any time soon……..
- Poola Solidaarsus protestib Junckeri vastu
- Money is Created Out of Nothing (Ben Bernake, Chairman of the Federal Reserve)
- A Brief History Of Modern Money Theory
- Modern Monetary Theory: Snake Oil of the 21st Century
- The Prophets and Promise of Classical Capitalism The Age of Uncertainty John Kenneth Galbraith
- SUCH A RADICAL
- Hey hey, ho ho… ‘free trade agreements’ got to go!
- Trumpistid teevad revolutsiooni
- Püüdke natse, natsism on probleem nr. 1 Ameerikas
- The European Union, the New European Soviet?
- Trump ja Bannon
- California põllumajandus ja minu muru
- Brexit Boost: Hiring and Salaries Rise as Supply of Cheap Foreign Workers Falls
- Global Inflation Hits Lowest Level Since 2009
- Modern Money and the Constitution by Professor Christine Desan
- Kiidan heaks Trumpi immigratsioonipoliitika
- Hello Angry Losers
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 199,270 korda