For the twelve months or so that I have been writing articles advocating the benefits that would come if our government implemented a Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) economic framework, I have been under the mistaken impression that MMT is a regime, or a doctrine that the government needs to adopt as an economic policy initiative.
For most of this time I have viewed MMT as the religion of the progressives in policy direction held back by the right wing neo-liberal conservatives who see MMT as a threat to western capitalism.
But recently, as Professor Bill Mitchell pointed out in one of his daily blogs, we are already living in an MMT monetary system. All the mechanics of a fiat currency system are already there to enable us to interact with MMT every day……..
- Modern Monetary Theory
- Eurozone underperfomance
- (pealkiri puudub)
- Poverty among the unemployed now close to 50 per cent in the EU
- Trumpi kaubandussõda
- A Comfortable Betrayal
- Dumping U.S. debt, a possible weapon in global trade war
- The dangers of pluralism in economics: the case of MMT
- MMT economists look at debt, deficit differently
- Itaalia farss
- MMT meedias
- IMF: The Euro Area Needs a Fiscal Union
- Here is a new argument for the Remainers – should be a winner
- Thomas Fazi and William Mitchell – The EU cannot be democratised – here’s why
- Make America Great Again
- Libertarian Warren Mosler – Keep Deficit and Eliminate Taxes (MMT for Conservatives Part 3)
- Vasakpoolsed UBI toetajad on neoliberaalidega seljad kokku löönud
- Kas Krugman on chartalist?
- Ralph Nader lahtistest piiridest
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 202,480 korda