For the twelve months or so that I have been writing articles advocating the benefits that would come if our government implemented a Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) economic framework, I have been under the mistaken impression that MMT is a regime, or a doctrine that the government needs to adopt as an economic policy initiative.
For most of this time I have viewed MMT as the religion of the progressives in policy direction held back by the right wing neo-liberal conservatives who see MMT as a threat to western capitalism.
But recently, as Professor Bill Mitchell pointed out in one of his daily blogs, we are already living in an MMT monetary system. All the mechanics of a fiat currency system are already there to enable us to interact with MMT every day……..
- Modern Money and the Obsession Over Fiscal Consolidation
- Roy Jenkins and Tony Benn debate : The European Communities membership referendum, 1975 – Panorama
- Drain Le Swamp
- Put your pussy hats on
- Brexit: the end of an error
- Joan Muysken Lecture: “The Eurozone, Groupthink and denial on a grand scale”
- On ikka kuradi fašistid
- How many poor?
- Ajastule sobivat muusikat
- Public Debt In The Eurozone: A Political Problem
- Šoti vasakpoolsed natsionalistid tahavad Šotimaast kreekasarnast EL-i kolooniat teha
- Trump Saltmining Inc.
- Poland warns of disunity across the EU after Donald Tusk re-elected European Council president
- Trump on keeldunud Reagani majanduspoliitikast
- Head rahvusvahelist naistepäeva
- Kohutav, Taani kannatab täistööhõive ja tõusvate palkade käes
- Euro saatus otsustatakse tõenäoliselt Itaalias
- Vasakpoolsed julgevad ainult Merkeli selja taga rääkida
- The European Union Trembles
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 197,190 korda