Greece on Tuesday recalled its ambassador to the Czech Republic for consultations after remarks by the Czech president that his country should not adopt the euro unless Greece left the single currency, a foreign ministry official said.
Greece’s leftist government held tough negotiations with its EU and IMF lenders for months before giving in to creditors’ demands for more austerity measures and signing a third bailout in August to avert Greece’s exit from the eurozone.
“My only concern regarding adopting the euro under the current stabilization mechanism is, that Czech taxpayers would pay for Greek debts,” Czech President Milos Zeman told Slovak news agency TASR last week.
“I was very disappointed from the result of the negotiations which almost led to the so-called Grexit, but eventually ended up with Greece staying in the euro zone.”
However, only the Czech government can decide a euro adoption. Both the government and the central bank have said that setting an entry date is not on the agenda now. Most Czechs currently oppose the idea, according to polls…..
- Keynes and Brexit
- L’italiano vero
- ITALY REFERENDUM ‘WILL COLLAPSE EURO’, FRENCH ELECTION HINTS AT EUROPEAN SHIFT TOWARD RUSSIA
- Trump’s biggest supporter is still mad as hell
- Scepticism about a Brexit apocalypse looks increasingly justified
- Kui kedagi huvitab, et miks Trump või Marine Le Pen
- Le Pen
- Timing is everything
- The Real War on Science
- Global Empire: The Trump Effect
- Economists need to get into the real world, says Bank of England chief economist
- Nobel laureate Stiglitz sees Italy, others leaving euro zone in coming years
- Meet the Renegades: Michael Hudson
- Peavoolu majandusteadus võib end põlema panna
- Peamine ja põhiline vasakpoolsete probleem ühes artiklis
- TINA to the elite
- Ha-Joon Chang – Bad Samaritans: The Myth of Free Trade and the Secret History of Capitalism
- Bill Gross endorses a Job Guarantee, government as employer of last resort
- The Republican Deficit Hawks Abandon Their Religion
- Turud ootavad Trumpi stiimulit
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 193,510 korda