(BERLIN) – Germany’s EU Commissioner Guenther Oettinger Wednesday voiced fears the European Union could fall apart under the pressure of rising populism.
“The EU has learnt to overcome crises. But the number of unstable or populist governments is rising. That makes me worried,” said Oettinger, a member of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union.
“I see for the first time a real danger that the EU could collapse,” the EU’s digital commissioner warned, without specifying which countries he was most worried about.
The EU has been battered by a litany of challenges this year, with a bad-tempered row over how to handle the Greek debt crisis, and a record migrant influx splitting opinion across the bloc.
While Germany is taking in around a million asylum seekers this year, several eastern European nations including Hungary want to keep refugees out.
- As Trump targets immigrants, U.S. farm sector looks to automate
- BREXIT VOTE ALREADY DELIVERING AS WAGES INCREASE
- (pealkiri puudub)
- Most Progressives are Neoliberals in Disguise Professor Bill Mitchell
- The Good Dream is Factual MMT Warren Mosler
- Sir Peter Tapsell; Abolish the Euro PMQs24/10/2012
- Actually the magic money tree does exist, according to modern monetary theory
- Trump’s top economist offers solution to unemployment: More government jobs
- EU ‘superstate’ fear as Brussels chief Juncker plots for Chancellor for the whole of Europe
- Politicians don’t know where money actually comes from, poll shows
- Rahakordaja elab
- MMT konverents 2017
- THE LEFT – Neutered By Neoliberalism
- Üks ÜRO dokument, millest sa peavoolu meedias ei kuule
- Austerlaste lollused
- The New York Times ja Stephanie Kelton
- Tavaline poliitiline tsirkus USAs
- Itaalia eksperiment
- Simon Wren-Lewis: Why is MMT so popular?
- Poola Solidaarsus protestib Junckeri vastu
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 200,329 korda