……..Then a few years ago, people like you and Stella Creasy campaigned hard for a cap on short term credit. The UK Parliament then passed a law that allowed the FCA to place a cap on the cost of credit.
This wasn’t workable for us, so we closed the business and stopped lending. 16 people out of work and our Barnsley office closed.
Then it became apparent that we could trade from Prague, using EU (EEA to be exact) rules and continue lending at whatever rates we wanted. Basically we are back Payday lending from Prague, at full rates that are above the cap. We totally bypassed your rules on Short Term Credit.
Let’s summarise this.
1) You spend years publicly trying to campaign for a cause.
2) Tens of thousands of Parliamentary hours were used in debate
3) You get your law passed
4) We shut down 16 jobs in Barnsley,
5) We move to Prague, open up a new office, employ Czech staff, pay Czech taxes and continue to trade exactly as we did before with customers in the UK.
6) You then campaign for us to bypass your own laws by staying in the EU……
- Modern Money and the Obsession Over Fiscal Consolidation
- Roy Jenkins and Tony Benn debate : The European Communities membership referendum, 1975 – Panorama
- Drain Le Swamp
- Put your pussy hats on
- Brexit: the end of an error
- Joan Muysken Lecture: “The Eurozone, Groupthink and denial on a grand scale”
- On ikka kuradi fašistid
- How many poor?
- Ajastule sobivat muusikat
- Public Debt In The Eurozone: A Political Problem
- Šoti vasakpoolsed natsionalistid tahavad Šotimaast kreekasarnast EL-i kolooniat teha
- Trump Saltmining Inc.
- Poland warns of disunity across the EU after Donald Tusk re-elected European Council president
- Trump on keeldunud Reagani majanduspoliitikast
- Head rahvusvahelist naistepäeva
- Kohutav, Taani kannatab täistööhõive ja tõusvate palkade käes
- Euro saatus otsustatakse tõenäoliselt Itaalias
- Vasakpoolsed julgevad ainult Merkeli selja taga rääkida
- The European Union Trembles
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 197,153 korda