……..Then a few years ago, people like you and Stella Creasy campaigned hard for a cap on short term credit. The UK Parliament then passed a law that allowed the FCA to place a cap on the cost of credit.
This wasn’t workable for us, so we closed the business and stopped lending. 16 people out of work and our Barnsley office closed.
Then it became apparent that we could trade from Prague, using EU (EEA to be exact) rules and continue lending at whatever rates we wanted. Basically we are back Payday lending from Prague, at full rates that are above the cap. We totally bypassed your rules on Short Term Credit.
Let’s summarise this.
1) You spend years publicly trying to campaign for a cause.
2) Tens of thousands of Parliamentary hours were used in debate
3) You get your law passed
4) We shut down 16 jobs in Barnsley,
5) We move to Prague, open up a new office, employ Czech staff, pay Czech taxes and continue to trade exactly as we did before with customers in the UK.
6) You then campaign for us to bypass your own laws by staying in the EU……
- As Trump targets immigrants, U.S. farm sector looks to automate
- BREXIT VOTE ALREADY DELIVERING AS WAGES INCREASE
- (pealkiri puudub)
- Most Progressives are Neoliberals in Disguise Professor Bill Mitchell
- The Good Dream is Factual MMT Warren Mosler
- Sir Peter Tapsell; Abolish the Euro PMQs24/10/2012
- Actually the magic money tree does exist, according to modern monetary theory
- Trump’s top economist offers solution to unemployment: More government jobs
- EU ‘superstate’ fear as Brussels chief Juncker plots for Chancellor for the whole of Europe
- Politicians don’t know where money actually comes from, poll shows
- Rahakordaja elab
- MMT konverents 2017
- THE LEFT – Neutered By Neoliberalism
- Üks ÜRO dokument, millest sa peavoolu meedias ei kuule
- Austerlaste lollused
- The New York Times ja Stephanie Kelton
- Tavaline poliitiline tsirkus USAs
- Itaalia eksperiment
- Simon Wren-Lewis: Why is MMT so popular?
- Poola Solidaarsus protestib Junckeri vastu
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 200,419 korda