…He and Lucas clashed with the other panellist, journalist and filmmaker Tariq Ali, who called the EU a “machine for neoliberal capitalism” and said that a UK departure would not result in economic chaos. He dismissed Varoufakis’s belief that electing progressive governments across Europe that could spur reform of the EU and blamed the bloc for the rise of the far right in countries such as Germany and France.
Despite rising xenophobia across the continent, Ali denied Varoufakis’s suggestion that fascism was a serious threat in Europe: “It’s cuckooland.” Ali suggested that a vote for Brexit could split the Conservative party to an unprecedented degree. If that was the price to pay for a UK departure from Europe, he said: “I wouldn’t be too upset.”…….
- Varoufakis on tüüpiline vasakpoolne totu
- Real Progressives LIVE with L Randall Wray – MMT and Debunking AMI: Positive Money
- Ted Malloch: The US view of European integration
- EU In Disintegration Mode
- Costas Lapavitsas speech at the Euro PlanB conference “Alternatives to the Europe of austerity”
- Why governments should run deficits
- These people are not capable of launching a revolution, nor would they want to see the consequences.
- Marine Le Pen (future is female :) )
- Kas pole irooniline?
- MMT ja Jaapani võlakirjaturg
- Rabble rouser who could be the next nail in EU’s coffin: Geert Wilders is the virulently anti-Islam Dutch politician
- Itaalia…. vaikus enne tormi
- Varoufakis: kuberneriks hakkan ma
- EU will have a wonderful future…..
- Valdkonnast “rumal kriitika”
- Tingimusteta põhisissetulekust
- State of the Union Message to Congress January 11, 1944
- Vastik natsiriik
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 195,870 korda