Finland’s lawmakers have held a debate over a citizen petition that demands a referendum on a possible exit from the European single currency euro as a remedy to economic woes of the Nordic country.
The rare parliamentary debate was held on Thursday after some 53,000 Finns signed the petition to put the issue on the chamber’s agenda.
The appeal demands a referendum to review Finland’s euro membership amid the country’s poor economic performance and rising unemployment.
The petition would need to pass several stages in the parliament before reaching a final plenary vote and a possible referendum. The next stage would be a discussion on the initiative at the relevant parliamentary committee.
Opinion polls indicate the country is unlikely to exit the common currency, but the success of the petition shows the high level of public dissatisfaction with the economic situation and the government’s austerity policies.
According to a December poll by public broadcaster YLE, 54 percent of Finns supported remaining in the euro zone, while 31 percent wanted to leave. Asked whether Finland would do better outside the euro zone, 44 percent answered yes…….
- Stephanie Kelton Has The Biggest Idea In Washington
- Itaaliast häid uudiseid, bot bot bot minibot
- Itaalias paistab hullus maad võtvat, mama mia!
- Tööprogrammist ja MMT-st
- Italy, A Parallel Currency, And Immigration – Merkel’s Worst Nightmare
- Does the rising deficit matter?
- JOB GUARANTEE
- Sotsiaaldemokraadid Saksamaal
- Diskussioon MMT suunal
- Mosler-Keen debate 4PM NYT/9PM GMT Sunday May 6: my points of contention with #MMT
- “EU policy initiatives, by accident or design, are a crime against humanity. They will lead to the destruction of a civilisation.” Warren Mosler
- Töö garantii
- Hommikust meelelahutust
- (pealkiri puudub)
- MMT Breitbart’is
- (pealkiri puudub)
- Bernie Sanders to announce plan to guarantee every American a job
- I knew MMT before It was cool :)
- Latest Europhile advocacy beggars belief – surrender sovereignty to regain it
- Modern Monetary Theory
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 203,602 korda