The arguments for and against Brexit have focused on the economic costs and benefits for the UK in leaving or remaining within the European Union. Though I am an economist, I am taking a more political perspective to this vote by focusing on the utterly undemocratic nature of the key institutions of the EU. The European Parliament is a weak, diversionary figurehead, while the real power resides within the unelected bureaucracy of the EU and the key political appointees of the Europe’s governments—and particularly its Finance Ministers. These effective cabals run roughshod over political democracies when they elect leaders that oppose core EU economic policies, while at the same time these policies are leading to the ruin of southern Europe, and the stagnation of France and Italy.
The European Union has been a failed enterprise ever since 1992, when the Maastricht Treaty was approved. As the prescient non-mainstream English economist Wynne Godley realised at the time, the fetish in this Treaty for government surpluses would lead to the collapse of Europe…..
- Stephanie Kelton Has The Biggest Idea In Washington
- Itaaliast häid uudiseid, bot bot bot minibot
- Itaalias paistab hullus maad võtvat, mama mia!
- Tööprogrammist ja MMT-st
- Italy, A Parallel Currency, And Immigration – Merkel’s Worst Nightmare
- Does the rising deficit matter?
- JOB GUARANTEE
- Sotsiaaldemokraadid Saksamaal
- Diskussioon MMT suunal
- Mosler-Keen debate 4PM NYT/9PM GMT Sunday May 6: my points of contention with #MMT
- “EU policy initiatives, by accident or design, are a crime against humanity. They will lead to the destruction of a civilisation.” Warren Mosler
- Töö garantii
- Hommikust meelelahutust
- (pealkiri puudub)
- MMT Breitbart’is
- (pealkiri puudub)
- Bernie Sanders to announce plan to guarantee every American a job
- I knew MMT before It was cool :)
- Latest Europhile advocacy beggars belief – surrender sovereignty to regain it
- Modern Monetary Theory
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 203,600 korda