Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz has advised the Scottish National Party (SNP) to abandon the British pound and avoid joining the euro if Scotland wins independence….
…The Columbia University professor, who has advised Bill Clinton and Jeremy Corbyn, cited Iceland’s strong economic recovery after the 2008 crash as an example of what a country in control of its own currency can do.
He issued a strong warning against Scotland being “tethered” to a single currency by joining the euro.
“If you were forced to join the euro as a price of joining the EU, then I would have very strong second thoughts,” he said…..
- Kriis tuleb, aga millal?
- European Commission – Statement
- Is The Left Finally Waking Up To Eurozone Realities?
- Kattel ajab mäda
- As Trump targets immigrants, U.S. farm sector looks to automate
- BREXIT VOTE ALREADY DELIVERING AS WAGES INCREASE
- (pealkiri puudub)
- Most Progressives are Neoliberals in Disguise Professor Bill Mitchell
- The Good Dream is Factual MMT Warren Mosler
- Sir Peter Tapsell; Abolish the Euro PMQs24/10/2012
- Actually the magic money tree does exist, according to modern monetary theory
- Trump’s top economist offers solution to unemployment: More government jobs
- EU ‘superstate’ fear as Brussels chief Juncker plots for Chancellor for the whole of Europe
- Politicians don’t know where money actually comes from, poll shows
- Rahakordaja elab
- MMT konverents 2017
- THE LEFT – Neutered By Neoliberalism
- Üks ÜRO dokument, millest sa peavoolu meedias ei kuule
- Austerlaste lollused
- The New York Times ja Stephanie Kelton
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 200,818 korda