Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz has advised the Scottish National Party (SNP) to abandon the British pound and avoid joining the euro if Scotland wins independence….
…The Columbia University professor, who has advised Bill Clinton and Jeremy Corbyn, cited Iceland’s strong economic recovery after the 2008 crash as an example of what a country in control of its own currency can do.
He issued a strong warning against Scotland being “tethered” to a single currency by joining the euro.
“If you were forced to join the euro as a price of joining the EU, then I would have very strong second thoughts,” he said…..
- Modern Monetary Theory
- Eurozone underperfomance
- (pealkiri puudub)
- Poverty among the unemployed now close to 50 per cent in the EU
- Trumpi kaubandussõda
- A Comfortable Betrayal
- Dumping U.S. debt, a possible weapon in global trade war
- The dangers of pluralism in economics: the case of MMT
- MMT economists look at debt, deficit differently
- Itaalia farss
- MMT meedias
- IMF: The Euro Area Needs a Fiscal Union
- Here is a new argument for the Remainers – should be a winner
- Thomas Fazi and William Mitchell – The EU cannot be democratised – here’s why
- Make America Great Again
- Libertarian Warren Mosler – Keep Deficit and Eliminate Taxes (MMT for Conservatives Part 3)
- Vasakpoolsed UBI toetajad on neoliberaalidega seljad kokku löönud
- Kas Krugman on chartalist?
- Ralph Nader lahtistest piiridest
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 202,480 korda