…Congress took a wrong turn. Breaking the link between fiscal policy and full employment has a direct impact on human lives. As economist Stephanie Kelton explains, the Fed’s so-called dual mandate of full employment and price stability may be the right goal but wrong institution.
Capitalism runs on sales. A $17 trillion economy last year needs at least $17 trillion this year to keep up or the U.S. enters into a recession and people lose jobs. The government is a net contributor of sales growth whenever its spending exceeds its taxation; contrary to much political rhetoric, this is a very good thing. It helps maintain sales and employment levels when needed…..
- Modern Monetary Theory
- Eurozone underperfomance
- (pealkiri puudub)
- Poverty among the unemployed now close to 50 per cent in the EU
- Trumpi kaubandussõda
- A Comfortable Betrayal
- Dumping U.S. debt, a possible weapon in global trade war
- The dangers of pluralism in economics: the case of MMT
- MMT economists look at debt, deficit differently
- Itaalia farss
- MMT meedias
- IMF: The Euro Area Needs a Fiscal Union
- Here is a new argument for the Remainers – should be a winner
- Thomas Fazi and William Mitchell – The EU cannot be democratised – here’s why
- Make America Great Again
- Libertarian Warren Mosler – Keep Deficit and Eliminate Taxes (MMT for Conservatives Part 3)
- Vasakpoolsed UBI toetajad on neoliberaalidega seljad kokku löönud
- Kas Krugman on chartalist?
- Ralph Nader lahtistest piiridest
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 202,446 korda