Donald Tusk has been reelected president of the European Council, angering the right-wing government of his native Poland and triggering a bitter dispute between Warsaw and Brussels.
The head of Poland’s ruling Eurosceptic Law and Justice party (PiS) seized on his re-election to attack the EU for being “dominated by Germany” and accused the bloc’s leaders of breaking rules to force through his appointment.
Jaroslaw Kaczynski denied the row would prompt Poland to consider leaving the EU, but said: “The rule that high-ranking officials should have the backing of their country was broken.”
Polish Foreign Minister Witold Waszczykowski told news site wPolityce.pl: “A very dangerous European relationship is being born — a toxic relationship that could harm many states.
“We know now that it is a union under Berlin’s diktat.”
- Bitcoin’s big problem: The modern state can make anything it chooses generally acceptable as money …There is, however, one crucia
- Donald Trump: You Print the Money
- Internetist leitud kommentaar MMT kohta
- Ennustatav palgakasv OECD riikides 2018
- H-1B viisaprogramm
- European banks warn of multibillion-dollar hit from Trump tax reform
- The EU – Plan A and Plan B with MMT – Warren Mosler
- Üks huvitav graafik inflatsiooni kohta
- Itaalia maksusertifikaadid ja võlafoobid
- How the Eurobarometer Blurs the Line between Research and Propaganda
- Does Saving Europe Require Saving the Currency? Pavlina Tcherneva
- Stabilisatsiooni ettepanekud
- Think our governments can no longer control capitalism? You’ve been duped
- Itaalias referendum euro osas järgmisel aastal?
- Kasinuspoliitika aitas natsid võimule
- Meeldiv üllatus
- Fookuses: enam pole võimalik endale valetada, et elame rahvusriikide Euroopas
- Mis on lahti Euroopa Liiduga?
- Post-Keynesian macro paradoxes
- Krugman bitcoinist
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 201,591 korda