Donald Tusk has been reelected president of the European Council, angering the right-wing government of his native Poland and triggering a bitter dispute between Warsaw and Brussels.
The head of Poland’s ruling Eurosceptic Law and Justice party (PiS) seized on his re-election to attack the EU for being “dominated by Germany” and accused the bloc’s leaders of breaking rules to force through his appointment.
Jaroslaw Kaczynski denied the row would prompt Poland to consider leaving the EU, but said: “The rule that high-ranking officials should have the backing of their country was broken.”
Polish Foreign Minister Witold Waszczykowski told news site wPolityce.pl: “A very dangerous European relationship is being born — a toxic relationship that could harm many states.
“We know now that it is a union under Berlin’s diktat.”
- Wholesale EU immigration has destroyed conditions for British workers
- GEOPOLITICS: The Billionaire Who Foresaw President Donald Trump’s America in 2017
- Alt-right on postkeinsismi lembeline?
- Thank you Kemi Badenoch
- Toetan Trumpi
- Brüsseli Poola konfrontatsioon
- Kreeka on EL-i koloonia
- Prantsusmaal muutusteta
- Neoliberaalne globaliseerumine kollapsib
- Alternatiiv modernsele regressiivvasakpoolsusele
- Warren Mosler on Greece
- Head ja halvad eurofiilid
- ECB RESEARCH BULLETIN NO. 36
- Erapooletu ajakirjandus
- Modern Money and the Obsession Over Fiscal Consolidation
- Roy Jenkins and Tony Benn debate : The European Communities membership referendum, 1975 – Panorama
- Drain Le Swamp
- Put your pussy hats on
- Brexit: the end of an error
Seda blogi vaadatud (60 sek hilinemine)
- 198,369 korda